Tips on taking good photos of your property for sale in Ukraine
When listing a property for sale there are many things to consider; whether it is choosing the right sale price, doing some small repairs or getting the garden ready for sale, the ‘to do’ list can seem endless.
But there is one crucial element that we see clients overlook time and time again- photos!
Uaproperty.com has over 11 years experience in the Ukrainian property market and when it comes to offering a house for sale, too many owners overlook the importance of good pictures.
Too often we are sent lovely houses but the photos do not do the property justice. Or sometimes there are not enough photos. As a result, these properties often get overlooked in listings.
Photos of your property will be the first thing a potential buyer will see and they have huge influence on whether or not a client will decide to view or buy your property.
If you have a property in an area where there are many homes for sale then you need to make sure you are doing everything you can to get interest to YOUR house first. And photos are the easiest way to do this.
Don’t let your house be ignored, make it stand out with good pictures and in this article we will tell you how!
Tips on taking good photos:
- Turn on the lights. Even if the sun is shining, turn on the lights. A bright room always looks more attractive and inviting than a dark room in shadow.
- Tidy up. Clear away clutter before you take photos. Clothes on the floor, a messy kitchen or a cluttered bathroom will draw the attention of a potential buyer away from your house. Even if a property is particularly untidy it can give a bad impression to a potential buyer that your home is not well looked after and may have problems. So avoid this and spend a few hours cleaning up.
- Flowers. Some fresh cut flowers in a vase on a table or in a windowsill are a welcome sight.
- Cut the grass. Where possible, avoid having an overgrown garden shown in photos.
- If you live in an apartment, make sure to take plenty of photos of the exterior of the building because a potential buyer will ask to see this before making a decision to view or buy.
- Point of interest. Do you live near a point of interest? If so, take photos of it. These can include rivers, parks, shops, restaurants…anything that you think is a positive to the area you live in.
- The street and neighbours. When a buyer is looking for a house they are going to want to know what the street and the neighbours are like. Are the neighbours looking after their house? Does the street look nice? If you live in a nice area then take plenty of photos to show it off.
- Lots of photos. A common mistake is owners don’t take enough photos. 8 or 10 photos is not enough to show your property off to its full potential. Take 20, 30 or even 50….the more the better!
- Pick a sunny day. Who feels happier on a sunny day? I think most people do! Tests show that buyers pay more attention to houses where photos have been taken on sunny days, even if there are better houses available (but whose photos are not so good).
These are just some of things that you can do. For apartment owners, you will not need to worry about the garden but don’t forget to take photos of your balconies and the views. These are things buyers will ask for.
And finally, put yourself in the shoes of your potential buyer. What would you like to see when looking for a house? And is it what you see when you look at your property?
If not, then get the mop out, wait for a sunny day and start taking those photos!
25 February 2019With violent riots in traditionally popular Paris and prices high in other Western European capitals, it may be time to consider other big-city destinations in eastern Europe. One of the most interesting and cheapest is the capital of Ukraine, Kiev. Poun
19 November 2018Thousands of Ukrainian boxing fans helped pack the Manchester Arena in the UK, where Ukrainian cruiserweight boxer, Oleksandr Usyk, knocked out Britain’s challenger, Tony Bellew. It was a hard-fought contest over eight rounds, with the Briton, Bellew, ta
25 May 2018It's exciting times for football fans as the widely anticipated final between Real Madrid and Liverpool prepares for kick off on Saturday. The UEFA Champion's League competition has been held in Ukraine's capital of Kiev this year with the final match du